Is it possible to remove a part of a Mole Removal stitch that is permanent and pokes out of the skin?

Hello, I had a mole removed from my nose almost 4 months ago. My surgeon used permanent stitches to internally close the wound and now a part of a stitch sticks out. Everything's been healing very well, there is no irritation (at least I think so) and the blue stitch is hardly visible, but I can feel it and it makes me slightly anxious. Is it dangerous? Can a surgeon remove it without opening the incision? Is it possible to just trim the stitch? Thank you very much for all your answers!

Projecting suture

+2
yes, this can be removed fairly easily in the office by your surgeon without opening up the incision again.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Stitch sticking out after procedure

+2
It is very easy to fix this and no, the entire incision doesn't need to be reopened. This happens from time-to-time and while it's not dangerous, it can be irritating. Just return to your surgeon and have it snipped and tucked.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD