Remove Neck Lipoma or Not

I have a lipoma on the right side of my neck which i started feeling since 4 years now. The lipoma seems to be growing very slowly. It is about 5cm large and 1cm deep. Shall i have it removed? which kind of doctor shall i go to for best results? Thanks in advance

Neck lipoma

+1

The presence of a growing lipoma in the neck would suggest the need to have it removed.  Either a plastic surgeon or an ENT surgeon would be your best bet.  Get it done before it grows larger and makes the surgery riskier.

Lipoma

+1

Lipoma of the neck must be evaluated very carefully. The neck is a very complex anatomical structure, filled with important vessels, nerves, and vital structures.

The lipomas of the neck is mostly submuscular, if lipomas are growing they should be evaluated .

See a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON ( AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY) for examination, evaluation and discussion of your options.