Can I Remove my Tattoo 100%? (photo)

I made a mistake by going to tattoo artist who did not do exactly what i wanted and some days after i regret so badly what i did and could not sleep 2 nights. It is fresh, 1 month old and professional tattoo with black ink. It is triangel and the eye inside. Darkest places are the eyebrow and pupil. My skin is white, i dont tan so good. I do much sport, 3 days in week. Is it possible to remove and how much sessions i need? I hope to get some professional answer to be sure and confident about it.

Can I Remove my Tattoo 100%...

+1

It is important to remember that no one can guarantee 100% removal of any tattoo.  It is possible to remove a tattoo 100%, and darker colors on the upper body areas are typically easier than colored tattoos.  The average number of sessions is 6 with about a month in between sessions.  Make sure you go to a place that uses a tattoo laser that is specifically designed for tattoos (Q-switched)

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Right laser for a black tattoo

+1

You should be able to lighten that color tattoo to the point that the casual eye would not readily see it.  Be sure to find a doctor who is using the Q switched YAG laser which is the best technology to lighten/remove this color tattoo.  Good luck!

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser for Black Tattoo

+1

Black tattoos typically do well with laser treatment.   I never promise 100% removal but you should be able to greatly lighten this tattoo so that it is barely perceptible.  It will require multiple treatment sessions for best results, probably up to 10 or more.  Another option for some people is to lighten the tattoo with laser and then apply another tattoo over the first.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Can I Remove my Tattoo 100%

+1

No, you cannot remove this tattoo 100% (or any tattoo really - there will always be a shadow there with current technology) with a laser. You could see a dermatologic surgeon for a consultation to have the tattoo cut out in stages, but you will have a pretty decent scar there, as the back and chest are two areas that scar the worst.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD