How Can I Remove my Scar? (photo)

I had an accident and fell on my head. I have a weird scar in form of u between my eyebrows. What i should do to remove this scar. thank you

Medical Microneedling For Improving The Color & Texture of "Mature" Scars & Manual Dermasanding For Treating Fresh Scars

+1

The timing of the injury is important. If treatment is sought early on--during a critical window of eight to twelve weeks after the accident, my first choice would be manual dermasanding to achieve what has been called scarabrasion. This technique, which is performed under local anesthesia, essentially entails the sterile sanding of the young, not fully mature scar. The result of treatment is usually a dramatic improvement--if performed in time--in the contour and appearance. In general, the longer beyond twelve weeks one waits, the less gratifying the result.  

For mature scars, i.e. those months to years old, in my experience, medical microneedling has proven a viable, minimally invasive, cost effective option for improving the color and texture of such scars. It has been used successfully for years to treat all kinds of scars, including those arising from trauma, as in this case, acne, surgical, and even infection conditions, such as from chicken pox.

Microneedling, which may be performed either manually with a roller or a motorized device using only topical anesthesia, employs an array of needles that pierce the surface of the scar to break up the surface tissue and create microchannels. This, too, allows for new collagen formation, but also makes possible the transferring (auto-transplanting) of functioning pigment producing cells from the surrounding normal area into the scar area. Medical microneedling, too, yields best results when performed as a series of two to four treatment sessions at six week intervals.

Scar on forehead

+1

How old is the scar on your forehead?  It can take 6-12 months for a scar to heal completely and if it has not been that long, I would recommend waiting before attempting any treatment to improve it.  If it has been longer than a year, it's possible that you might be a candidate for a scar revision to improve the scar.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon