Do I Need to Remove my Saline Implants As They Are 23 Years Old?

I have had my implants for over 23 years with no problems. They were inserted under the pectorial muscles.

23 year old saline implants. Need to be removed?

+1

Most plastic surgeons would not remove the saline implants unless you were having and issue with them, (pain, capsular scaring, deflation, etc;).  Best to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon and see what recommendation he/she has for you.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/before-after/category/revisions

Do nothing

+1

There is a lot of “Urban Legend" stuff about implants. I hear about the need to get new ones every 10 years in my office ever day. That is all bogus. Leave saline implants alone if you like the shape and the look. If an implant collapses then replace as soon as possible.

Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Saline implants

+1

If the implants are soft and not giving you trouble you may not want to do anything. If they are bothering yoou, you may want to get them evaluated by a plastic surgeon.

If it isn't broke....then don't fix it.

+1

If you have no hardening, volume change, or position problem, then I do not recommend routine implant exchange - esp for saline. Saline implants will let you know when they leak - you will get a noticeable volume difference as the saline is absorbed

Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Saline Implants with no problems.

+1

Having saline breast implants for a length of time without problems probably does not represent an indication for removal.   If you have any concerns, your best bet would be to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area experienced in aesthetic breast surgery.