What Can I Do to Remove my Keratin Pilaris Bumps on my Legs?

I have this skin problem but greatly I have no redness just the bumps is their any treatment that will remove the bumpy feel of the skin?

Keratosis pilaris

+1

Keratosis pilaris is a chronic skin condition, usually related to eczema, where there is clogging of the hair follicles.  The follicles can be unclogged with salicylic acid, glycolic acid or tretinoin creams, with exfoliation.  Maintenance treatment is necessary.

Toronto Dermatologist

Exfoliation helps with keratosis pilaris

+1

Keratosis pilaris is a common skin condition characterized by skin-colored to red bumps on the outer upper arms or tops of the thighs.  The bumps are caused by plugged hair follicles.  You can remove the bumps by exfoliating.  I recommend a wash or a moisturizer with alpha hydroxy acid or salicylic acid.  The acid will help to dissolve the bumps.  But, if you stop using it, the bumps will return. 

Melissa Chiang, MD
Houston Dermatologist