Can I Remove my Dissolvable Stitch?

I gave birth 4 weeks ago. I had a 1st degree tear in the side of my labia. Would it be ok to remove the stitch now. Its really bugging me.

Labiaplasty

+1

You should discuss this with your OBS/Gyne.  They can tell you whether they think it's ok to take any sutures out.

Removing sutures after labiaplasty

+1

Suture removal should be timed right in order to prevent dehiscence of the wound.  You would save yourself a lot of trouble if you visited your surgeon and had him evaluate your labiaplasty incision prior to suture removal.  Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Remove my dissolvable stitch

+1

You should be able to remove the dissolvable stitch at this time but I suggest you ask your surgeon first.  It can be painful to remove the stitch as there is often tissue reaction around it. 

Gary J. Alter, MD