Should I Remove my Chin Implant if I Have Pain on the Right Side?

I had my surgery almost 2 years ago, however I feel some numbness on the right side and when I press on it I feel shocks going up my lip. Should I remove my implant and replace it with a smaller one? or what is my best option?

Pain after Chin Implant

+1

The pain you're feeling is secondary to the implant irritating the nerve. After 2 years this probably will not resolve; therefore I suggest you remove the implant or reposition it.

Chin Implant

+1

If you still have symptoms that bother you, then you should remove the implant and hope that your discomfort and other problems will improve

Should I remove my chin implant?

+1

After two years, you should have had improvement in the nerve irritability if it was only injured during the initial surgery. Because you are still experiencing discomfort and this worsens when you push on the implant it is likely caused by the implant pushing on the nerve. Most likely you would benefit from removing this implant completely or replacing it with a smaller one.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon