Can I Remove my Butt Implants and Get New Implants in the Same Day? But my Scar Tissue Around my Implant is Kind of Hard.

I've had butt implants in for about five years now. And the doctor that did them placed them under the skin alitte under the muscle. Now I have scar tissue that has formed around the implant and I want them replace. And feel more softer than what they are now. One doctor said remove them and wait six months later and put new ones in. When another said they could take them out and place them deeper under the muscle in the same day.

+1
The implants can be removed, and new implants can be placed after the capsulectomies are performed.  Intramuscular implants can improve volume by 400 cc or so, depending upon the size of the individual. A significant amount above this volume compromises healing by creating more tension on the healing incision.

Gluteal implant replacement

+1

Thanks for your question.  I recommend removing the old ones and removing the capsule around the implant, and placing the new implants under the muscle as a new plane.  If you do not replace them at the same time, you are at a higher risk for seroma formation or fluid developing in the buttocks from the dead space formed by the previous implant.  The only time you should wait 6 months in between is if the current implants are INFECTED, then you want to remove them, be treated with antibiotics, wait 6 months to replace them once the body heals from the infection.  Take care and good luck!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon