how to remove my birthmark ?

I have a birthmark on left side on my face it has hair also. Near eyes and some parts it is not there .I am having a treatment doctors name it bakers laser but i dont think so that there is any affect please tell me who to get rid of it :(

How to remove my birthmark ?

+1

In general, pigmented lesions should be surgically removed and examined under microscope for the following reasons:

1. Based on your description the chance for malignancy is very low but still present

2. Microscopic examination will give a accurate information about the type of lesion and what to expect in the future.

3. Surgery will give you the best cosmetic outcome.

4.Contact a board certified plastic surgeon to develop a treatment plan based on the size and location of the lesion.

5. Do not treat the lesion with laser.

Good luck

Dr. David Evdokimow

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Laser for Birthmark Removal?

+1

Hello Ambika.  If the birthmark you have is a "hairy nevi", then it will likely not be treated successfully with lasers.  This kind of birthmark has both color and texture (it's usually bumpy).  Because it's hairy, you should get a second opinion.  

We think surgery will be the only way to remove it.  Contact a facial plastic surgeon.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD