Possible to remove more stretchmarks after full tummy tuck? (photo)

I want to get a mini tummy tuck once my skin looses up to remove more stretch marks. I do not want a higher scar. I am wondering about pulling this belly button down to a lower position (floating or not floating) or closing it like a vertical scar and creating another one. Thoughts? I am 3 weeks post opt.

Possible to remove more stretchmarks after full tummy tuck?

+1

This is hard to evaluate so soon after tummy tuck. The early result looks good.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Stretch marks after tummy tuck.

+1

Although not common, it is definitely possible to have a second tummy tuck after a full tummy tuck. In your case I'd bet that an extended mini would remove most of the vertical scar and a lot of the remaining stretch marks. I would recommend you wait until your visible scar has softened, matured and faded out to it's final state which could be 1-2 years. To have a second stage procedure and get the most out of it, you have to wait for the underlying scar tissue to soften and mature or there will be significant limitations in how much additional skin can be removed. Immature scar is stiff and less able to stretch and expand which will mean more stretch marks left behind if you try to rush this. In terms of which procedure, the best option can be determined by you and your surgeon when the time is right!

Strethmarks remaining after full tummy tuck

+1

Looks like you have a pretty nice result early in your postoperative period. Since it is early in the postoperative period, it is difficult to assess if you will have any additional laxity in your skin. Your stretch marks extend a ways up the abdomen - doubt that they could all be removed.

It would be best to heal fully from this procedure and ask your plastic surgeon his/her thoughts as to excising more of the stretch marks.

Good luck and continued speedy recovery.

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Mini-tummy tuck

+1

It looks like you just had your tummy tuck. It is impossible to remove all the stretch marks and trying to remove more of yours may cause problems. Best to wait at least a year.

Possible to remove more stretchmarks after full tummy tuck? #tummy tuck #stretch marks

+1

Thank you for your question. A full tummy tuck, similar to the one you received, focuses on flattening the abdomen by its effect on tightening the abdominal muscles. It also removes the loose skin both above and below the belly button. In cases where the skin is rather tight pre-operatively, there is a chance of a remaining vertical scar due to the constraints of either skin not loose enough or attempting to place the incision low as requested by the patient. It is relatively uncommon at my office, but always reviewed with the appropriate selected patient.

Now, your question about is it possible to remove more skin thus stretchmarks, is very individualized and should be reviewed with your surgeon. It would need to be performed after enough time has passed to allow the skin and tissue to heal, probably at least 6 - 12 months. At that time, another evaluation would be in order to help answer your question. Remember though, that you will have to re-heal your surgical wound and you should ask yourself if that healing period is worth it or not. Hopefully this helps!

Web reference: http://www.bayareaaestheticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

TT after miniTT

+1

Your photo is not good enough to see your entire abdomen and evaluate having a TT after the miniTT you have done.

It is a very short time to evaluate if you have some saggy skin left on the upper abdomen in order to determine if a secondary TT is doable.

You have to wait at least 6 months in order to make an accurate evaluation. Please send your entire body photos since shoulders until hip area.

Have a great journey

Dr/. Cardenas

Mexico Plastic Surgeon