Is It Possible to Remove a Lipoma the Size of a Duck Egg from Scalp Yourself?

Self Surgery: Tell me - Do you feel lucky??

+1

A surgeon who operates on himself has poor judgment at best and looking for a complication. A non-surgeon considering this (removal of a lipoma) is down right crazy with a potential death wish. 

Why would you even consider this when it is a safe procedure when done in expert hands?

Remember an lawyer who represents himself in court has a fool for his attorney.This is way beyond this logic.

Excision

+1

I dont understand how you would expect to do surgery on yourself. I am a surgeon and I would not do this on myself nor could I

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Lipoma on scalp

+1

It is absolutely not possible for you to remove a lipoma from your own scalp.  If you do want it removed (and know for sure that it is a lipoma), then you need to see an experienced surgeon.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon