What would be best to remove a keloid and other scars? (photo)

I have ugly scars from being suicidal when I was young now Iam older and I NEED to remove them I have a baby and sooner or later she will ask just as everyone else does I wouldn't want to show her nor make her think anything of me ... As well I have a keloid from an acid scar I need to be removed everyone gives me ugly looks and ask questions I need help in where to look or what kind of dr to go to

Keloid therapy in Los Angeles

+1
Keloid scars can be treated effectively. Our office specializes in scar therapy including keloid treatment. We would begin with topical therapy including Plato's Scar Serum, followed by initiation of laser, IIT, and fractional co2.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Keloid scar, forearm

+1
I can certainly understand your desire to improve your scar. While I cannot advise you on the exact treatment plan without a consultation, in general, when considering scarring revision procedures you need to gain an appreciation and realistic expectations of the fact that scars are permanent and cannot be erased or fully removed, but they may be improved in appearance. The goal of scar revision is to create a skin surface that is flat and blends better into the surroundings. A flat surface reflects light more evenly without shadowing, is less noticeable and may be further covered-up by application of camouflage makeup.
Tenderness, itching and contour of a hypertrophic or keloid scar may be improved with serial injections of dilute steroids along with fluorouracil to control inflammation. I usually use at least three injection sessions. Topical, occlusive silicon gel or sheeting may be tried for improvement of scar color and to flatten scars. I sometimes use a compounded ointment that improves scar color and texture over time. Combinations of techniques may be used for ultimate improvement achieved in serial, incremental steps. Long term sunscreen protection against UVA and UVB using a barrier sunscreen containing substances such as zinc oxide is strongly advised following scar revision treatment.  You need to find a doctor experienced with scar revision, whether a cosmetic plastic surgeon or a cosmetic dermatologist, and you should visit with them.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

What would be best to remove a keloid and other scars?

+1
Always best to seek IN PERSON evaluations. I might initially use steroid injections to see if the scar softens. Than consider excision or derma rollers..