Should I Remove Implant All Together or Revise to a Smaller Implant?

Before BA I was a small D cup. I had a benelli lift, areola redu. & saline implant. I expressed a strong concern to my PS that I did NOT want them too big. I had a good amount of breast tissue. He said that with just the lift that my breasts would end up a small C and so we agreed that an implant would "refill" the size, give a nice shape & more lift. Now 5 months later I'm a size 32 F & very discouraged. I'm 29 petite 5'3" 125 lbs. Should I remove totally or get a smaller implant? Another lift?

Take them Out!!

+2

I am not really sure for someone who initially was a D cup would even need an augmentation.  A Benelli lift does not make the breast appreciably smaller to warrant implant placement. What happens next depends on what you want.  I believe you should have the implants removed and allow the breast to heal over 3-6 months.

Dr. ES

Breast reduction with implants for upper fullness and breasts are too large

+1

I'm sorry but I did not get the size of your implants. If they are modest and in the range of 200 cc, Iwould remove them altogether. If they are more substantial and inthe range of 600 cc I would reduce them.

Implant sizes

+1

Choosing to go smaller is apersonal choice. But if you feel that you are too larger, it sounds like you already made the decision.

Smaller implants or removal of the implants? "it depends"

+1

Removal of the implants and getting a smaller implant would give you the most proportional and attractive result. Depending on the quality of  your skin, you may or may not need additional breast lift. It would be best to see picture (before and after) as well as the size of implants or have an examination to give you a more precise answer. Hope this was helpful.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Implants vs lifts

+1

Often a patient will try to get around the lift they really need by using implants and periareolar lifts.  This can lead to a matronly overly large looking result.  If you can accept C-D cup breasts with great shape and tone, take the implants out and have a lift done but be careful whom you go to because the lift is an art form and no 2 surgeons are alike in their sculpting talent.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Please send pictures and also the size of the implants

+1

The removal of the implant and  getting smaller implants will leave some extra skin. You may need to have lift revision at the same time.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Removing implants after breast augmentation

+1

You are in a time frame now that would be reasonable to remove or go smaller with the implants.  It is hard to say how big you will be with entire removal without seeing you. 

It all depends on how much breast tissue you have and how big the implants are now.

Hope that gives you some insight.

Farbod Esmailian, MD