If I Remove the Graft in my Nose, Will It Be Upturned Again?

I'm 6 weeks post rhino, bones broke and tipwork, nose was uptuned and my dr useed a graft to bring it down but i said to bring it down a tiny bit my nose now is long and looks upturned from the profile and when i smile look downturned! I dont like it - if he takes the graft out will it look shorter and upturned?

Rhinoplasty results are not complete until 6 months, and fully healed 12-18 months post-surgery

+1

The best advice that I can give you at this point is to have patience. I tell my rhinoplasty patients that it will take at least a month following surgery to even get an idea of what the nose will look like ultimately. It’s not until after 6 months that I would be willing to take post-operative pictures and the nose does continue to heal for 12-18 months. Without seeing your surgeon’s operative report, specific comments or recommendations would be difficult.

Nonetheless, minor adjustments can be made with injections and/or external manipulation in the early post-operative recovery phase. Consistent with this, I also suggest that you keep in very close contact with your surgeon to see if any of these minor adjustments may be appropriate in your case. There are multiple different approaches

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Graft Removal To "Upturn" Nose

+1

I'm very confused. You say your nose is long, but "upturned" from the profile. Please submit pictures so the surgeons on the Real Self panel can try to help you.

Remove the graft in my nose, will it be upturned again

+1

First NO PHOTOS? Second this should be discussed in detail with the surgeon. If sstill concerned seek an additional opinion.

From MIAMI Dr. B