How Can I Remove a Flat Mole Without Surgery?

I have a dark brown mole on forehead, I've had it since I was born. It's 1/3 of a pencil and it has been a problem for years when i was younger i would get teased and bullied. Since I'm light complex it's more noticeable. Is there a way I can remove it without laser surgery something i can put on it like a cream?

Complete excision is probably the best way to go

+2

In generel a mole the size you are describing is best treated by cutting it out completely and using plastic surgery techniques to close it.  This will likely give the least chance of recurrence and the least amount of scarring of all the available techniques. 

Claremont Plastic Surgeon

How to remove a flat mole

+2

Depending on their size and location, facial moles can be easily removed by one of two methods: a shave excision or an excision with suture closure. There are no creams that can be used to remove moles. A picture would be very helpful to advise you further. Moles that have been present since birth are usually fairly deep and most require suturing. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique.I feel that it is never appropriate to use a laser as your primary treatment for removing a mole. Regardless of how "benign" a mole may appear, a biopsy may still reveal it to be atypical. There are many ways to surgically remove a mole with a minimal scar and have tissue to send for microscopic examination which is the only way to ensure that it was benign.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal

+1

I would recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and possible treatment.  Your best option may be to have the mole completely surgically excised.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Mole removal on the forehead

+1

There is a type of sebaceous mole that can be removed without major surgery.  If the forehead or scalp mole is dermal or epidermal, it may require a quick surgical procedure.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Mole removal options

+1

So specifically answering your question regarding non-surgical methods to remove a mole this includes using liquid nitrogen which will freeze them off as the cells within the mole respond quicker to freezing then do normal skin cells. The second thing that can be used is Something called a electro desiccation which uses a tiny bit of heat and electricity to heat the mole cells. In addition lasers can be used to treat moles.

Now in reality the best method to figure out how this can be treated is to see your local dermatologist and talk about the different treatment options because. Most moles are not treated in these matters in that are usually cut out and sent it in and checked under microscope to confirm it is normal. This can be done very conservatively with a shave biopsy. Or it can be removed with a small punch biopsy tool or with the scalpel and then a small stitch can be put in which can camouflage the the scar very well.

Good luck

David J. Myers, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon