How to Remove a Flat Mole on my Face? (photo)

I have two Flat Moles on my face that I like to remove or make less obvious. Is there procedure out there that can leave no scars? This is purley for cosmetic reasosn. I've seen youtube videos of lasers treating flat moles, but so far have not been able to find a Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon that performs this procedure. Can you doctors help me to find out A) if this can be done?. B) an experienced doctor in Bay Area,CA?

Mole removal

+1

I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for an evaluation.  With a complete surgical excision, you would be trading in the mole for a scar. 

Removing Flat Moles on the Face

+1

Best option is to surgically excise the two pigmented lesions and suture them closed. Trying to remove them by shave excision would cause a depressed scar and therefore would not be a good option. Removal by laser may be incomplete, leaving an atypically appearing pigmented area. Plus, removal by laser will not provide tissue for examination microscopically to confirm that the lesion is benign. Finally, anything that traumatizes the skin (e.g. surgery, laser, electrocautery, etc) can leave a scar. It may be a beautiful almost unnoticeable scar or it can be more visible. This is one of the risks associated with removal of the two moles. There are many excellent doctors in the bay area that can further discuss this with you and proceed further. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.dermatology-center.com

Removing facial moles

+1

Small facial nevi (moles) such as yours are quickly and easily removed in my office by one of two methods: a shave excision or using a punch biopsy. There is no such thing as "scar-less surgery" but the trick is to minimize the scar so it is hardly visible. I feel that it is never appropriate to use a laser as your primary treatment for removing a mole. Regardless of how "benign" a mole may appear, a biopsy may still reveal it to be atypical.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/general-dermatology/wart-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How To Remove Flat Moles on the Face.

+1

Dark flat moles can be burned lighter in color with lasers or electrofulguration and usually need 1-3 sessions but do look good in the end. They will always come back but may take yrs before that happens and then do it again. Another method is just excising them and closing up with a tiny suture so they won't ever come back again. Both are easy to do and essentually painless. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com/mole-removal/index.php

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon