Can anything be done to remove or fix fat transfer in under eye and cheek area?

I had upper and lower bleph surgery along with fat transfer in my eye and cheek area . I now look like I have two bruised festoons under my eye. It has been a month since the surgery.My surgeon said that the area has a lake effect and that is why it still looks bruised and dark and swelled.

Festoons should improve with time.

+2

After a combined upper and lower blepharoplasty, there can be significant swelling and bruising in some people. You also had fat transfer which can exacerbate this. The malar fat pad, which sits on top of the cheek bone, will frequently remain edematous for several weeks after eyelid surgery. I usually have my patients use warm compresses, and do some massage to help get the lymphatic drainage going again. We also have started using Ulthera, which is ultrasound to help with the edema. As the edema resolves, the color will improve.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Persistent Undereye Bruising and Swelling after Lower Blepharoplasty and Fat Injections

+2

The undereye area is a common collection point (lake effect) for fluid and bruising. This will be magnified when eyelifts are combined with fat injections due to the increased bruising and swelling due to the impaired lymphatic outflow. While there are strategies to reduce swelling they may also cause accelerated or more complete fat absorption. Other than massage os external ultrasound treatments, time will make the improvement...but at a pace that is understandably too slow for anyone's liking.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Feestoons

+2

It really would be helpful if you wee to send photos so I can see what is going on. Can fat placed be removed -> yess. would that be the best thing in your situation it is impossible to say without good photos and perhaps examining you

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon