Ask a doctor

What Can I Do to Remove Dark Spots?

I have dark/discolored spots on my face either from old sun damage or hormones. What can I do to remove those?

Doctor Answers 1

Treatment of dark age spots

As age the pigment cells in the skin migrate into small gatherings on the skin surface creating freckle like age spots  i.e. a blotchy skin pigmentation. The medical term is solar lentigines. Without a face to face examination one cannot say what would be best in your case. Your available options are chemical peel, laser resurfacing and IPL.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Have a question? Ask a doctor

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.