Can You Remove a Cheek Implant (Screwed In) with IV Sedation? What Are the Risk? is This a Common Route for Surgeons?

I have decided to remove my implants . My doctor suggested that hes gana put me under IV sedation

+1

You can have the chek implants removed with IV sedation whether they are screwed in or not.  That should not be a problem.

Can cheek implants be removed with IV sedation?

+1

I normally perform cheek augmentation or cheek implant removal under IV sedation and this works very well.  If you are not comfortable with this type of anesthesia and would prefer to be completely out, you should discuss this with your surgeon.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Cheek Implants

+1

Your implants can be successfully be removed under IV sedation. But I would question why you want them removed without a plan to improve cheek projection and definition.

Cheek Implant Removal under IV Sedation

+1

Cheek implant removal under IV sedation would be a perfectly appropriate and comfortable experience. It is a lot easier to remove them than it is to initially place them in.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD