Is it Possible to Remove Bump without Changing the Nose Tip? (photo)

I want to do a rhinoplasty to remove my bump. Is it possible to only remove the bump and not touch the tip? Because I like my tip and dont want to change it.

It is possible to only reduce the nasal hump without changing the tip

+1

While it is possible to solely reduce the bump on your bridge without changing the tip, I would not personally be comfortable doing that as a surgeon. I believe you will feel like your nose still looks out of proportion. I agree with the other posters - visit an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who offers computer imaging, and see what that would look like (compared to some conservative tip deprojection and rotation, plus or minus a chin implant).

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty w/o changing the nose tip

+1

It is possible to undergo rhinoplasty to remove a nasal hump without changing the nasal tip.  This is often the case for patients whose tip is quite adequate and does not need any work.  It is important to find a rhinoplasty surgeon who is familiar with multiple techniques and has significant experience in both rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty.  We have performed many rhinoplasties with minimal or no tip work and patients are very happy.

Can you only remove the bump on the bridge and leave the tip alone during rhinoplasty?

+1

Yes, you can certainly address only the hump during rhinoplasty if that is what you want changed. It would be very helpful for you to have digital morphing during your consultation to make sure you the new look without changing the tip position or appearance.

There is no one aesthetic that you must adhere to when changing nasal appearance. Make sure your rhinoplasty surgeon understands your goals and desires before proceeding with surgery.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Can you remove only the bump?

+1

Yes you can, but beware of falling into the trap of not appreciating the overall balance of your nose. Many patients are often focused on one single area of their nose which they want corrected and don't realize that if only that is done then afterward there may be areas they didn't notice that now bother them. In your single photo you appear to have a short upper lip with an overprojected tip and significant columellar show possibly from a long septum. You may not consciously be aware of these features but if you only remove the bump it will exaggerate their presence and you may then be very unhappy. You need a consult with computer imaging to be certain that removing only the bump will leave you with the result you are looking for.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it Possible to Remove Bump without Changing the Nose Tip?

+1

Yes, the bump can be removed without changing the tip shape during a Rhinoplasty.  From the photo, your nasal bump, is large enough that osteotomies (breaking the nasal bones) would be required to prevent an open roof deformity.

Removing Hump Without Changing Tip in Female Patient

+1

Anasal hump can be removed without making any changes to the tip if that's what the patient and surgeon want to do. You can clarify your goals after consulting with a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Rhinoplasty - Removing Dorsal Hump without Changing the Nasal Tip

+1

Thank you for your question, Jessica. Yes, dorsal hump reduction is possible without significantly changing the nasal tip. Discuss you specific preferences with your plastic surgeon so that he or she is clear about what you are hoping to accomplish. Computer imaging can be a valuable resource to facilitate communication between yourself and your surgeon. Rhinoplasty can and should be tailored to your individual needs and preferences. Good luck.  

James M. Pearson, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Of course it is possible to do that but that may or may not be your best option. There is no way to know from a single side view photo.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump.

+1

Rhinoplasty to remove the bump can be done without touching the tip. You may need a few small grafts to augment any slight depressions.

You may need more than just dosal hump reduction

+1

i would suggest personal consultation and computer imaging before surgery. Your tip looks nice in relation to the rest of your nose and this can be evaluated with the morphing before surgery.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon