How to Remove Black Marks on my Face From Pimples? (photo)

Hi, This is the first time i got a big pimple and i started pinching it and the pimples spread over just like anything on my left cheek and the result is full of black marks which are just like chicken pox black marks. Could you please look into the below picture once and let me know the solution so that it will a great help for me. Thanks in advance, Sravanthi

Treating Discoloration From Acne

+2

Based on what I see in your pictures, it appears you have mostly discoloration (hyperpigmentation) from the acne lesions.  This is very common, especially in darker skin types. In addition to treating the active acne, there are treatments that can help fade the dark spots, specifically topical RetinA (tretinoin) and hydroquinone which can both help to lighten the color.  There are also office-based treatments such as Silkpeel Dermalinfusion which can help exfoliate the skin and improve the discoloration. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist to discuss what will work best for your skin. 

Hyperpigmented scars

+1
You have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  This is a very common problem in people with darker skin tones.  As you can tell from the name, this can happen after any inflammation in the skin- from acne, infection, bites, dermatitis, etc.  This can be a difficult condition to treat, however there are some good treatment options. 
1)  Use sunscreen!  The spots will darken with UV radiation so make sure you are wearing at least SPF 30 on the skin daily.
2)  Chemical peels can be a good option- usually you need a series of at least 4 for optimal results
3)  Bleaching creams (hydroquinone) and retinoid creams can help. 
I would advise caution with the last two options because if your skin becomes more irritated (or inflamed) from these treatments you can end up with even more post inflammatory hyperpigmentation!  Chemical peels and topical creams sometimes do irritate the skin too much so I recommend that you do a spot test on your jawline or neck prior to treating your face with any topical cream or chemical peel.
Discussing these options with a board certified dermatologist would be the best next step for you.
Good luck!

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.

+1

From your pictures, these are Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation due to acne. As PIH generally improves with time slowly, over months by itself but still you need treatment from a dermatologist for better results.

Topical hydroquinone & use of sun screen can help a lot.

Chemical peeling is another good option for pigmentory problems.

M. Khawar Nazir, MBBS, MS(Derm)
Pakistan Dermatologist