How to Remove Band of Fat Left After Lifestyle Lift?

Is there anything that I can have done to remove this band on the one side? It drives me crazy and how much would it cost to have this done or should I ask what would be a reasonable ballpark figure?

Dealing with leftover band of fat

+2

I'm sorry to hear about your leftover bulge. How to treat it depends on what it really is. While it may, in fact, be excess "leftover" fat, it may also be fluid or swelling if you had your procedure in the last 3-5 months.

Presuming it has been 6 months or more, and there is still a band/bulge of excess fullness, the solution would be either targeted liposuction, if the area is accessible and your elasticity is great, or a revision lift.

With a reputable surgeon, costs could range from $2500-$7500, depending on what needs to be done.

Good luck!

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Left over band of fat

+1

With no pictures to go by and no good anatomical description to go by I cant advise you. Send some pictures and perhaps I can give you the valuable information you need

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Residual neck band treatment

+1

Without pictures it is difficult to determine exactly what needs to be done. If it is a residual platysmal band then revision surgery would be the most effective treatment option. This would entail re-anchoring the muscle and possible resection of a portion of the muscle. If it is a residual fat pocket, liposuction my be able to remedy the problem. If you are only a few weeks to a few months post-op, time may solve the problem. If inflammation is persistent, then a steroid injection may help. It would be helpful to have pictures and a timeline of events. I would visit with your surgeon regarding your concerns.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Fat band after short scar face lift

+1

There are no pictures attached to this and so it is difficult to assess the problem you have described. Perhaps it could be removed with liposuction IF it is fat.