How Can I Remove Aquamid from my Lips?

I had aquamid injected on my lips years ago. After having lumps and swelling developed a few months ago i did a surgery to remove it

My doctor will remove more in the future but what about the area above the upper lip? It is swollen and hard and he can not reach it. Is cortisone and liposuction a solution?

How to remove Aquamid from lips

+2

Aquamid is formulated as a hydrophilic polyacrylamide gel. It is permanent, reversible injectable filler. The product can be removed from your lips by needle aspiration. I would attempt aspiration first. Without examining your lip, it is difficult to determine what the cause of the swelling is, which would determine the subsequent management plan.  

Warmest Regards, 

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.