Can I Remove 50ccs from my Current Saline Implants Without Replacement?

I recently had 320 Mentor smooth round moderate implants filled to 375cc's. I would like to remove 50cc's. Can this be done using my current implants, without having to replace the implant for a smaller size? Thank you.

Can saline be removed from my implants?

+1

The short answer is yes. You do not state the reason for the removal of 50cc (less than 2 oz) of saline. To remove the fluid, you need an operation, to remove the implant, insert the fill tube and aspirate out 50cc of saline. The implant can be placed back. If your implant is underfilled, you will experience more rippling and possible earlier breakage of the implant. I'm not sure if you want to go through this for 2oz of fluid.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Implants and fluid removal

+1

Depending upon the implant, and what the recommended fill volume is, it may not be a good idea to take out 50 cc from the same implant.  If underfilled, it may run the risk of developing stress folds and ultimately cause a leak.