Removal Rib Grafts and Reverting Should Be Done by Same Doctor?

Is the best doctor to revert an asain rhinoplasty .....the same doctor who did the surgeon since he knows what he did.... How can I trust him? Really appreciate your opinion. Thx

Revision rhinoplasty with same surgeon

+1
In the ideal circumstance, it makes most sense for a patient to have the original surgeon perform the revision surgery. For both the patient and surgeon, continuity in care and knowledge of what was done during the original surgery and what has transpired to date are intangibles. However, there are several other considerations. Is the original surgeon capable of performing the revision surgery. This depends on the complexity of the revision and the skill set and experience of the surgeon. You need to have a frank discussion with your surgeon. Another consideration is has there been a breakdown in the doctor-patient relationship-in particular has the patient lost confidence in the surgeon's ability? This is something that you need to answer. If you have lost confidence in your original surgeon, then you will have to do significant research to identify a surgeon that is adept at performing revision rhinoplasty.

+1

Honestly, this type of question is the most difficult for me to answer.  I am unfamiliar with your Rhinoplasty or Rhinoplasty procedure but I can tell you that IMHO, it's always in the patients best interest to try and work things ouit with the original plastic and cosmetic surgeon unless you have lost faith in them.  In that case, get several second opinions before having any further surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.comp

Removal of Rib Graft after Asian rhinoplasty

+1

To help you resolve you dilemma, I suggest you consult with your surgeon and get a second opinion before deciding who will do your revision.

Removing rib grafts

+1

Certainly it is easier for the surgeon who operated on you before becuase he knew what he did.  However, obtaining the records and showing it to a different surgeon( if you have lost faith in your first surgeon)  is also ok.  Good luck.

Rib Graft

+1

Hi,

Im sure the same doctor can take out the rib graft. You may want to seek a second opinion if you consider a revision implant insertion. You may just want a second opinion before you do anything.

DrS.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com