Removal of Implants After Tuberous Breast Correction

I got implants (2007) to help release constricted tissue but am not happy with the overall look. Is it possible now to have normal breasts with out implants? What should I have done in conjunction with the removal? All I desire are breasts that are of the same size and projection. The lift to the left breast has made it project more than the right and looks silly. Any other suggestions for correction are appreciated. I believe having implants provide a less predictable outcome when worked on

Tuberous breast

+2

The results are very good for a Tuberous Breast. The right breast is very good. The left breast is larger and fuller lateraly. You have several options.

Removing the implants and no replacement. This option will be very difficult to predict the final results.

Work on the left breast with a possibly smaller implant and redo of the lift with some removal of tissue where it is in excess to match the right breast.

Your plastic surgeon did a very good job. See him/her and discuss your options, the pros and cons of each procedure as well as the risks.

Removing implants for tuberous breasts

+2

It is hard to say how your breasts will respond to removal of the implants.  Just from your photo, if you had a significant deformity, it looks like you had a very good result.  If you want the implants removed, you may want to see how your body will respond to the removal before undergoing a formal lift.

Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

You appear to have a reasonable result after breast augmentation/mastopexy done for constricted breasts. Removal of the implants will likely also require further breast lifting surgery. I wonder if you will be happy with the resulting size of the breasts in proportion to the remainder of your torso if you have the implants removed.

In person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon will be helpful.

Removing implants and further correction.

+1

If you choose to simply have the implants removed, you may find that the amount of skin below the nipples appears excessive. Obviously, the breasts will be smaller. Any asymmetry that was corrected with the implants will be more obvious after explant. A reduction on one side or a mastopexy to remove excessive skin is likely. Options include simply removing the implants and performing any corrections after the breasts have settled, or attempting a symmetry operation and correction at the time of implant removal. 

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant removal after Tuberosity Correction

+1

Although your pre-operative photos are not seen, you do not appear to have any residual tuberosity.  I suspect that you really need the implants.  After this much time, your breast skin has settled and a revision to achieve a bit more symmetry would be expected.  Discuss your concerns with your doctor and I am sure he would be happy to help you.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD