Removal of Implant?

I am one and half month post op, and i would like to remove my implant. I do not like the shape and the height and i know that would not swell down and change, only definition of tip will.why do i have to wait 6 m if i am sure i will not like it. Can i remove it at 2 or 3 m? Since what was augment was with gore tex and if goretex are left longer, it will be harder to remove. The tip was augmented by ear cartilage. What are the risk of removing it too soon? What is the duration of swelling after

Implants can cause problems later

+1

If you are sure the implant must be removed it can be done.  It is best to have a very detailed discussion about what will happen to the nose so you are comfortable with this.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Gortex Implant

+1

Hi,

Yes I agree that if you dont  like your nasal implant after 6 weeks you should remove it. The longer you wait the harder it will be to remove since there is ingrowth of tissue into the gortex. There is absolutely no reason to wait.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Removal of Implant?

+1

It is much too early to make an evaluation of your nasal shape.  There is a long period of swelling associated with a post op rhinoplasty and I would wait at least 6 months to evaluate the results of surgery.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

1.5 Months Postop Implant and Tip Graft in Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling can persist for quite a while even on the dorsum.   This is too early to make a decision about height or width of the nose.