Removal of a 'fresh' scar?

I fell on my head last Saturday and the doctor gave me stitches. How long if at all should I wait before doing a scar removal treatment ? It is on my right temple about 5 sm at length.

Scar treatment in Los Angeles

+1

I advise my patients to undergo early scar removal treatments at the three to four week interval to improve scars.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Should a fresh scar be removed?

+1

The minimum time that most experienced plastic surgeons will delay scar revision is 6-12 months. The exception to this rule would be a scar that creates other issues such as a scar that pulls the eyelid down and exposes the eye or pulls the lip down creating drooling issues. In most other cases where the concern is mainly cosmetic most of us recommend waiting one year as scars tend to improve dramatically with time or with massage and/ or simple injection treatments in the office setting.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon