Removal of Fat from Face?

I'd like to have facial symmetry by extracting fat from my left cheek which I thought it was restalyne residue. Restalyne was part of other proceedures I had in Brazil about 7 years ago. I need a new doctor in New York or Miami.

Removal of fat from face?

+2

Restylane will last 6-7 months on average, and sometimes longer depending on the patient and the location of the injections. It is difficult to provide you with any advice without seeing photos and/or examining you in person. I would recommend a consult with a board certified specialist, as he/she will be able to examine you and provide you with options. A great start would be to go to the website for the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to find a board certified specialist in your area. Thanks, and I hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/restylane/

Restylane and Fat

+2

It is very difficult to answer your question without first seeing you in person and/or viewing pictures. You should consider posting pictures for further assessment.

Fat removal from face?

+2

Removing fat is usually not a good idea inthe face because it can prematurely age you. That is not to say it is not done for select patients.  I am not sure what you had done by your description. Did you have fat injected into your face?  Or did you have other fillers?

Removing Fat or Restylane

+1

Fat removal can be very difficult.  I would start by having a physician try to dissolve any residual Restyalne in the area.  Seven years seems like a long time for Restylane to last, but it is not impossible that you could still have some Restylane remaining.  If so, it can be easily dissolved by the injection of hyaluronidase.

Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon

Removal of fat, or Restylane, from face

+1

Any type of procedure or advice on this would best be given in person by a board-certified physician. You can find physicians that are in your location on the RealSelf website, and seek a consultation with them, so he or she can evaluate your prior procedures, and what needs to be done to resolve facial symmetry issues. It's not necessarily as simple as 'extracting' fat from only one side. It depends on what it is, if it is some kind of residue of another product, etc.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.