Removal of Excess Juvederm in Chin?

I had juvederm in my chin 2 weeks ago and it looks terrible now when I smile. At rest is ok but when I smile, the sides bulge out and my chin looks flat and wide; no more nice contour with the side of my face when I smile. I am scared about Hyalurondase as I'm afraid it will look saggy and wrinkle if I have it dissolved with an injection and have also read horror stories about indentations and bumps. Should I let the juvederm disolve on its own? How long will that take to get back to normal?

Removal of Juvederm

+2

If you are unhappy with your Juvederm and feel there is too much there, you have two choices--wait for it to dissolve on its own (about 8 months probably), or have a small amount of hyaluronidase injected to remove just the excess. Personally, I have not experienced any of these "horror stories" from hyaluronidase and when injected correctly it poses no threats as it only dissolves the HA filler itself, not your natural collagen or elastin or anything else. Seek a qualified injector and see what he or she thinks, and then decide. Either way, the Juvederm will resolve over time.

Excess Juvederm in chin

+2

If you are unhappy with the Juvederm in your chin, you have two choices: 1)  let it dissolve on its own, or 2) use hyaluronidase to dissolve it.

Juvederm in chin - too much

+1

If you're unhappy with how much juvederm was placed in the chin, then you can either yourself or your physician deeply massage and mold the juvederm to try to disperse it, or wait 6-12 months for it to fade out, or have your physician inject hyaluronidase which in trained and experienced hands is very very safe. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Removal of Excess Juvederm in Chin?

+1

I would not hesitate to use a little Hyaluronidase diluted to dissolve the excess Juvederm. This can be done very conservatively and massaged so that it is distrubuted evenly for a nice result.  This should not make you saggy or wrinkled if you were not like that before. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Removal of Excess Juvederm in Chin

+1

Sorry about your disappointing experience. You can either wait which will take typically about 6 to 9 months. Alternatively, you can have the juvederm dissolve it.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Dissolving Filler with Hyaluronidase

+1

Dissolving Juvederm with hyaluronidase is very straightforward and the areas where there is excess product present can be specifically targeted by a skilled injector. You should not have problems such as indentations or lumps. If you leave it alone, Juvederm seems to last around a year in the chin, though it could be shorter or longer in duration. 

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon