Should I be Concerned About Getting a BA if I Have Chronic Ulcerative Colitis?

I don't even know if this has ever happened but does anyone have advice for me regarding my chronic illness ulcerative colitis and a mild chemo drug Remicade that I am on? Potential dangers? I'm scheduled for my BA on the 20th of march and opened my docs letter this morning that I'm scheduled for my infusion on the 19th. It's been 8 weeks since my last infusion. However, I'm worried about having one so close to my surgery date. I bet no one has ever come across this issue.

Breast Augmentation and Use of Remicade?

+1

Yes, you are wise in being concerned about the use of Remicade around the time of surgery. As you probably know, Remicade is a medication used to treat autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease. Its mechanism of action is that it blocks the action of tumor necrosis factor–alpha,  a substance in the body that causes inflammation. The medication may increase your chances of infection.

Since  Remicade is not a medication commonly used by plastic surgeons, I would suggest that you  have your gastrointestinal physician communicate with your plastic surgeon in regards to optimal timing of the breast augmentation surgery in relation to infusion of the Remicade.