Every "Remedy" to Curing Puffy Bags Under my Eyes Hasn't Worked

I'm 22 years old and wake up every morning with bags under my eyes... this has been an on going thing since i was maybe 10. I've chalked it up to heredity. However, every "remedy" and "cream/roll" hasn't worked, nor has putting cucumbers, tea bags, spoons, etc. I would like to know approximately how much I'm looking at for surgery if needed, or if maybe botox would help tighten the skin tissue under my eyes. Thank you!

Botox isn't for lower lid bags

+3

Some patients in your age group get some passing improvement from cosmetics such as Chanel under eye serum.  If this hasn't helped, then you could consider a filler such as Restylane.  I would also caution you against smoking, which will worsen the lower lid bags, and sun exposure, which accelerates aging in the face.  No need to rush.  Do some research and consider your options.  If you think that you're ready for treatment, make an appointment with a local board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Puffy lower eyelids

+3

Find a good plastic surgeon in your area.  Consider Long Island Plastic Surgery Group, Franklin Avenue, Garden City, NY.  At age 22, whatever it costs, if well done, the problem will be fixed for the rest of your life.  Because it is bothering you so much now, it will be worth it.  Don't rush in or be intimidated.  Get a couple of opinions, see "before and after" photos, learn as much as you can about the procedure and what to expect, and choose a surgeon you feel comfortable with.

Steve Laverson, MD

You may be a candidate for an Injectable Filler treatment to minimize the appearance of your lower eyelid bags.

+3

Congenital lower eyelid bags may be camouflaged by a well-performed Injectable Filler treatment to the area just below the bag: I call this the lower eyelid groove. I prefer Silikon-1000 for permanent results. You can see the attached photo from my RealSelf gallery demonstrating this in one of my gracious, younger patients. I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Puffy Bags Under Eyes

+1

As an eyelid specialist, I have yet to find a home remedy that is effective in treating bags under the eyes.  The most effective options are surgery and injection of fillers.  My preferred fillers are hyaluronic acid (such as Restylane, Perlane, and Juvederm) because hyaluronic acid is normally found in the skin.  Furthermore, these fillers can be readily dissolved by injecting an enzyme should you have any concerns with your results.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon