Remedies for Deep Hollows Under Eyes and Extremely Thin Skin for 16 Year Old? (photo)

I am 16 and have very deep, dark hollows under my eyes, and very thin skin, thinner then average. Make up does not work for me, and I don't know what else to do. I want to go into modelling and I am signing with an agency, but clients are not going to want me with such deep hollows under my eyes. I am desperate. I also have big eyes, which makes it look worse. The pictures below are not very true to what I look like in reality. It reality it is much worse but my camera doesn't pick it up.

Deep hollows under the eyes

+2

At 16 years of age I would not be encouraging you to get into injectables yet.  Do you have any allergies or history of asthma or hay fever as the darkness and skin change is suggestive of what are called allergic shiners.  Why don't you purchase an eye serum that has caffeine and other antioxidants that work on calming the skin, tightening it and removing the dark congestion in the soft tissue beneath.  A couple of suggestions:  Topix Power of Three Eye Cream or Obagi Complete Complex Eye Serum.  You have great skin and nice features so don't obssess.  And remember, that no model is photographed without make up!  That is part of the gig!

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye hollow

+2

Thank you for your pictures.  The hollowness under your eyes can be softened with a hyaluronic acid based filler, such as Restylane or Juvederm.   The injection is deep to fill the area just on top of the bone to provide a natural, smooth appearance.  Softening the contour will improve the darkening that is occurring  from the shadowing under the eyes.  The procedure can easily be done in the office, but due to your age, you would need a parent to sign the consent with you. 

Jessica Kulak, MD
Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon