Second Tummy Tuck to Remove Stretch Marks Below Belly Button?

I asked a previous question about a second tummy tuck to remove stretch marks and got answers back about the stretch marks arent revisable because they may be above the belly button.. however, my stretch marks that are left over are beneath my belly button. Are they able to be removed then?

Concern regarding stretch marks not uncommon.

It’s not unusual for patients to be concerned about stretch marks.Unfortunately, there’s really no good way to address this problem short of surgical excision.This problem is especially difficult when patients have residual stretch marks following abdominoplasty.
It’s not unusual to advance skin that contains stretch marks from the area above the umbilicus to the area below the umbilicus when performing abdominoplasty.Unless these patients have residual skin laxity, there’s nothing that can be done to make these stretch marks better.When skin laxity is present, further excision can remove residual stretch marks.
Without pictures or a physical examination it’s virtually impossible to make a specific recommendation in your case.It’s therefore important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area.This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

Seocnd tummy tuck to remove stretch marks

The stretch marks that can be removed can only be excised if the skin is redundant. Seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon and have them mark on your abdomen with a pen to give you an idea.

Still have stretch marks after tummy tuck

Your skin will loosen up over time, and it may be possible to remove a few more of the stretch marks on your lower abdomen (this would be the ones already closest to your abdominoplasty scar).  But I wouldn't hold out any hope of removing all of them.  I wish I had better news for you.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Removing stretch marks

Heather,

over time some of the skin on your abdomen will stretch out and it may be possible to remove SOME additional skin that still contains stretch marks.  However, to once again remove all the skin beneath your belly button is probably not possible.   

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Tummy tuck

It is rare to do a second tummy tuck. The stretch marks below belly button usually remain with a tummy tuck. These stretch marks are the ones from above the belly button to begin with and are not removed during the tummy tuck. They were the ones pulled down.