Is There Anything I Can Do to Relieve Swelling After a Tummy Tuck?

I have been wearing my binder constantly only to take off for about 2 hours per day and am very swollen from below the belly button down to the pubic area. Dr tried to suck out any fluid that might be causing it and there wasnt any. I have been walking 2 miles everyday for almost a week now too. When should I expect it to go away and is there anything else I can do to make it go away faster?

Swelling after Tummy Tuck

+3

All surgery results in tissue swelling. The best way to reduce swelling is allow and help nature to take care of it. Since we know your swelling is not a fluid collection, I would suggest you may want to reduce your 2 mile a day walking to something more modest. When we walk there is side to side pulling on the chest and upper abdominal skin; this when we are trying to get it to stick down and heal. If you could reduce your activities until a month has passed, your swelling may resolve much quicker.

Methods to reduce swelling after tummy tuck

+1

Swelling can be improved by correct use of compression wear, gentle ambulation, and  manual lymphatic drainage. Occasionally this may be associated with a seroma which can be aspirated by your surgeon.