How Reliable is the Use of Strattice in Breast Augmentation Revision? Adverse Effects??

I had my breast augmentation done in 2008 and 9 weeks post-op I noticed a knuckle on the lower pole of my left breast. I've written to this forum and amd thankful for the advice given by forum plastic surgeons (PS), most of whom suggested revision work and reinforcing the lower pole's thin skin with alloderm or strattice. I had my revision work on just my left breast where a new 270 Natrelle saline implant was placed, and this time my PS overfilled it to 290cc. I'm now 8 weeks post-op.

+1

Strattice is very reliable. Whether you would benefit from its use would require an exam.

The main downsides to Strattice are cost (up to $3K for a pair) and the short term need for a drain, which needs to be managed meticulously.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Strattice for use in breast implant augmentation and revision

+1

Strattice is a relative newcomer produced by the same company that distributes Alloderm. I have heard mixed and conflicting reports on its use and effectiveness.