How Reliable Are the Bra Fitting Guides? It is Telling Me I Am an A - After Augmentation!

I am 140lb and 5.8ft. I had breast implants (320cc) about 3 months ago now and want to start shopping for new bra's. If I measure myself using the bra fitting guide it is telling me I am an A cup - surely this can't be right! I am smaller than I expected, I wanted to be a full C but am not that, but I wouldn't have thought I was an A cup! Why did I spend all this money if that is all I am!!

You can't be an A cup

+1

Bra size is not accurate and bra shopping can be confusing because you can be an A cup in one style and C cup in another style.  However, with a 320cc you are probably a C cup and I would not worry about what the bra sales people or cup size say.

Bra fit after breast augmentation

+1

Finding and fitting a bra after breast augmentation is like any other type of clothes shopping, trial and error, see what fits. Your breast will continue to soften and blend with the breast implant over several more months, so you may with to wait a bit longer before investing in too many bras. If your are smaller than expected, then there was a communication gap between you and your surgeon. If you like your look, great. As bra sizes go, if you like your look, and like the bra, but do not like what the tag says about you, cut the tag out.

peterejohnsonmd

Bra guide not as good as a bra....

+1

Guides are not nearly as accurate as actually getting a bra that fits.  Different styles/manufacturers will fit differently.  If you are not as large as you would like to be it may be because of lack of communication between doctor and patient, or it may simply be that your skin envelope could not tolerate more volume at the time of surgery.  Now that the implants have been in place for a while the skin envelope has had a chance to stretch. Talk to your surgeon; implant exchange should be a very easy matter to arrange and recovery shouldlbe a matter of a few hours (there is very little dissection requred for a simple exchange).

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Bra size after implants

+1

First, you are not an A cup anymore. Second, the best way to get fitted is to go to a bra store and have the sales people measure you. 

Breast Augmentation - Cup Size After 320's

+1

Hi Auntie-shop,

320's to make you an A?  I wouldn't think so either.

Bra shopping, as with so many other "items," is fraught with a variety of definitions.  What used to be a 4 in women's clothes is now a 2 or even a 0; what used to be a 40 regular in men's jackets is now a 41.  So I wouldn't worry too much about what something is called.

The main issue is that it fits, and that it flatters (why not?).  The cup size is also dependent to a certain degree on the back size; ie, a 34 C may be somewhat interchangeable with a 36 B.  So if the cup size seems wrong, maybe you need to adjust the back size in order to have a more accurate cup size (in other words, a tighter back size may more accurately reflect your cup size).

That being said, you need to be comfortable - so you should wear what is most comfortable, and not worry about the cup size...easy for me to say...

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation and Bra Size

+1

You are not an A cup But you are most likely not a full C either with 320cc's.  Each bra company has a guideline for fitting in their types of bras.  On C bra will fit different than another C bra.  So don't let that bother you.  The main thing is are you happy with how you look despite what the bra size says.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon