Is a Rejuvenation of 25 Years Possible?

Let's say, money wouldn't be a problem. (When is it ever, but purely hypothetical!) Can a good plastic surgeon make a person look 25 years younger? A person aged 50 look like 25? (I read a survey online that plastic surgery makes a person look younger - but just up to 7 years.) What is your expert opinion on this? Thanks in advance.

Rejuvenation of 25 years not possible

+1

A facelift can turn back the clock 7 to 10 years.  To subtract a few more years, add a resurfacing laser to improve texture, lines and collagen, IPL to remove veins and brown spots, Botox to stop dynamic wrinkles, fillers to replace volume, and fantastic makeup and hairstyle.  A 50 year old might be able to look in her late 30's.

Toronto Dermatologist

Is a Rejuvenation of 25 Years Possible?

+1

I agree with Dr. Mayer that 7-10 years is a reasonable ballpark range far facial rejuvenation. Honestly, a 50 year old who looks 25 is an impossibility and is not something that I have ever had a patient request. Most patients request a result that refreshes their appearance or something that will help them look externally how they feel on the inside. For most patients, 10 years is around the ballpark of the improvement they're looking for while still looking natural. Natural results are critical.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is skin rejuvenation of 25 years possible?

+1

As a plastic surgeon, I often tell my patients that all of our facial cosmetic procedures attempt to turn the "clock" back to some degree.  However, no surgeon can guarantee how far back the clock can be turned nor can we stop the clock from ticking.  If you are considering a facial cosmetic procedure, I suggest you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who performs the full gamut of facial cosmetic procedures (skin care, chemical peels, face lifts, etc) and ask to see before and after photos of patients similar to yourself.  This will give you the best idea of what is achievable in your case.  Best Wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Rejuvenation

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.

25 years is a bit of a stretch - Having said that, the final result of a rejuvenation procedure will be determined by a number of factors including the baseline features of the patient, their protoplasm, their willingness to undergo suggested procedures, and many other variables.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

25 years younger can be done.

+1

Yes, you can look 25years younger if God is your surgeon.  Kidding aside, you can expect 10 years depending on what the surgeon starts with.