Can a Regular Doctor Do Slim Lipo or Should It Be a Certified Surgeon?

Slim Lipo By Experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Best

+2

I am sure my answer is controversial as many doctors do laser Liposuction.

I have used Slim Lipo for 5 years-actually did development studies for FDA approval, so I am quite experienced.

Experience is crucial for the best results of any surgical procedure especially Laser Liposuction.

Your first questions of any doctor should be how many have you done, how long have you done it and show me photos of your personal results.

Board Certification in Plastic Surgery takes years of training and experience and knowledge of how to take care of surgical patients.

I personally would not have surgery of any kind by someone not board certified in the area of surgery I am having. There are no shortcuts to knowledge and experience.

Training Important

+1

I highly recommend that you are evaluated by and have your surgery performed by a board certified plastic surgeon who has training and expertise in liposuction. Although liposuction is generally safe, complications occur and experienced surgeons are better at preventing and, if necessary,  treating problems. Unfortunately there are many out there with little or no training performing these procedures and it is to a large degree " buyer beware". Good Luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Board certification and liposuction

+1

Although liposuction is an exceedingly safe procedure, complications can occur. Ask your doctor what these complications are and how he/she is prepared to deal with any and all of them if they occur. 

Can your doctor fix contour abnormalities, poor scars, soft tissue infection, and skin laxity ?

Does he/she have local hospital admitting privileges in case you become ill after surgery ?

If you are not satisfied with the answers to these questions then find a local board certified plastic surgeon in your area that is qualified to do liposuction procedures.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS