Is It Possible to Regrow Removed Lipoma?

my son is 10,he had abdominal lipoma. we got that removed by surgery 5 years ago,there was no symptoms up to now ,but now i see his abdomen is bigger than before,may it be back again,is it possible that the removed lump was malignant?

Lipomas can be a cluster of grapes.

+1

Lipomas are often multifocal and in a cluster-of-grape formation.  That being the case, a surgeon can remove most but not all of the foci, leading to a re-occurence in the surgical site.  So don't be too hard on the doctor or yourself.  It happens.

Lipoma

+1

I think if the lipoma removed 5 years ago was malignant the doctors would have told you that and that would have required more extensive surgery and chemotherapy. So we have to assume it was benign. And lipomas if not removed completely can regrow back.

See the surgeon and will need a CT scan or MRI to delineate the extent of the lipoma and plan for surgical excision. The surgeon can obtain the pathology report from the hospital where the initial surgery was done.