Regenerative Stem Cells? My Butt Shrank So Much At 6 Wks. Should I Just Wait it Out?

I had a BBL 8 wks ago my PS said that the graft of 650cc would shrink at 5 wks and be pure stem cells and regenerate by the summer b/c they would grow. I was so upset at my 6 wk post op that I requested revision surgery and possibly implants becuase my butt shrunk so much. I was 178 b4 surgery and at my 6 wk mark was 163 he want me to come back for my 5 month post op at 180 and says I will be very satisfied with my results.

Role Of Stem Cells In Fat Injection Buttock Augmentation

+1

While fat certainly contains stem cells, what role they play in fat transfer and its volume preservation is unknown. The result that one sees at 6 weeks and most definitely by three months after injection buttock augmentation surgery is based on how much fat graft volume has survived. Beyond that, stem cells growing and contributing to further volume increase is theoretical (hopeful) and not based on existing scientific evidence or documented clinical experience. Whether you gaining more weight will make your buttocks grow bigger because there are more stem cells in it is an interesting but unproven prediction.