What can I do regarding my nasal bridge and tip if nose? (photo)

I have a wide, high nasal bridge and don't like the tip if my nose. How would I be able to correct my high, wide bridge? Also, for the area above the bridge, can that be thinner or is that not part if the nose? I'd like to mention I got a septoplasty approximately 10 years ago because I wasn't breathing well but that didn't seem to help. I still feel like I should be breathing better. Thanks !

Rhinoplasty candidate

+2

The wide nasal bridge can be addressed with osteotomies of the nasal bones to narrow and straighten them. Shaving the dorsal hump can also be accomplished which is composed of both bone and cartilage. Narrowing of the bulbous tip is best addressed with tip suturing techniques of the lower lateral cartilages. Any breathing issues can also be addressed at the same time. For many examples please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

Improving Nasal Bridge and Tip

+2

Your bridge can be reduced; above the bridge the height can be reduced but the width usually cannot be narrowed because of sinuses under this bone. It appears that you have an "hour glass deformity" with narrowing of the mid-portion of your nose. This may be contributing to your breathing problem which can be improved with spreader grafts. Your tip should be refined.

Improving the nasal bridge, tip and breathing?

+2

The areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience. Whether the breathing can be improved and which procedures may be required to achieve that would depend on a thorough nasal examination.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you  may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California 

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+2

Thank you for the question. Based on your pictures, you would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. The bridge can be narrowed and smoothed, and the tip can be reduced and contoured. I suggest that you meet with two or three qualified rhinoplasty experts to discuss your desired results. Imaging programs can be very helpful in this process. Best of luck moving forward!

#San Francisco Rhinoplasty

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

What can I do regarding my nasal bridge and tip if nose?

+2

The bridge and tip can be altered as you have suggested.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Do I still have a droopy nose post-op? (photo)

+1

In my over the internet opinion you need a full rhino-septaloplasty operation. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions..//  

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose with bulbous tip etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose with bulbous tip etc. can straighten your nose refine your tip,etc. Select a very experienced surgeon who does natural looking noses. Examples of noses like yours are on my website.