What are the Different Cons that Could Come Along with getting LASIK?

I've wanted custom wave-front LASIK for many years; my vision in both eyes is -3.75 and has remaind stable. Dr. says I'm a candidate; however I'm terrified I'll be that '1 in x-patient' who'll have bad/negativ results! #1: What do I look for in a surgeon? #2: Can you plz tell me/xplain what are all the 'Cons and Risks' of LASIK? #3: After the surgery, does the 'flap' permantly heal itself closed, or not? #3. Once eyes are completely healed, will I be able to wear non-Rx colored contact lenses?

Complications of LASIK

+1

Although LASIK is rapid, it is still a real surgery and carries with it a very small risk.  Fear is one of the most common reasons that people do not consider LASIK.  Before you undergo surgery, make sure you feel confident with your surgeon and center. One good way to choose a surgeon, is to speak to happy patients, meet with the doctor and staff at the surgery center, become educated, and have all of your questions answered.  During the consultation process, the doctor and staff should discuss all the vision correction option that is best for you based upon the thickness and shape of your cornea or front surface of the eye,  activities and sports that you play, as well as your prescription.  If LASIK is not the best procedure for you, other options such as photorefractive keratectomy [PRK] or implantable collamer lenses [ICL] can provide you with hassle free vision.

Following these procedures, you may wear colored contact lenses; however, make sure that these are prescribed by your doctor and purchased from reputable sources as counterfeit contact lenses have surfaced in recent years.

San Diego Ophthalmologist

Lasik complications

+1

the flap never heals after LASIK, so if you get hit years later, it can come back up and need to be sewn back

this is one reason why i switched to LASEK

also to prevent the LASIK complications of dry eyes and flap striae and night glare

just google LASIK complications under google images

you will see that 90% are flap-related

which means by eliminating the cutting-a-flap step, you eliminate/prevent 90% of all possible complications

once you are healed after LASEK you can wear colored or other contacts, if you want

New York Ophthalmologist