Regarding eye tear trough fillers?

Is it true the only two fillers I should consider for my tear troughs are : cross linked HA like Juvederm ultra plus or Perlane and or Autologous fat? All others long lasting fillers become to firm causing fat atrophy, SKIN STRETCH, strange textures and FACIAL AGING. Long lasting fillers are more likely to result in lumps. I want to know if this is true? it sounds scary. I really need fillers (tear trough) and I was thinking Restylane was/is a good choice but now I don't know what to do.

Best fillers for the eyes

+2

Hyaluronic acid gel fillers are ideal for the eye area, as they are safe, effective, and reversible. The best are Restylane and Belotero, since cause less fluid collection.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane is best for tear troughs

+2

I agree with De, Schwartz. Those of us who do a lot of tear trough filling usually prefer Restylane or Belotero, as they are less likely to swell up and look blue. Experience is key as the injector must know the proper depth to inject, how much (but not too much) to use and also be careful not to inject into the eye socket itself. Fat can be used for very deeply sunken eyes, but it is too thick for typical tear troughs.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Best filler for tear troughs

+2

Restylane is the best option for treatment of the tear troughs. When properly done by an experienced physician injector, the effect should be quite natural and smooth. Lumps are not caused by longer lasting fillers. They are caused by the person doing the injections.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

There are several fillers that can be used in the tear trough.

+2

The most popular fillers in the tear trough are Restylane and Belotero. Belotero is a new HA filler from Merz. It fills in the area nicely, and does not produce a Tindle effect which the other HAs can. Fat when done correctly is a long term filler which can look great. The Juvederm fillers will cause a little more swelling, resulting in an overfilled look if not done correctly. And Perlane is a bit thick for this area. You should definitely avoid sculptra and Radiesse here. One advantage of the HAs is that if you don't like the appearance for some reason it can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Filler for Tear Trough Area

+1

There are a few good filler options for the tear trough area, such as Belotero and Juvederm. Make sure you visit an experienced, highly qualified provider to ensure safe and effective filler treatment for the sensitive under eye region, and they will be able to determine which filler is best for you.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Tear Trough filler

+1

HA fillers such as Belotero and Restylane are great fillers for that particular area due to

less swelling. Here at my office Restylane is the filler of choice and works beautifully.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Juvederm

+1

There are many options. I like Volbella by Juvederml. It's a hyaluronic acid that doesn't absorb as much water as others and avoids the Tyndall effect.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Fillers for eye area, tear troughs

+1

The fillers themselves do not result in lumps - that would be the injector and technique used. Hyaluronic acid fillers are better around the eyes and usually preferable simply because they are softer and thus more natural looking. I prefer to use Restylane in this area, especially over Juvederm, which can have coloration problems no matter the injector's experience. Perlane can be good too - but that really depends on the person and the volume we are trying to create. In general, Restylane is usually preferable for an average volume amount.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD