Do you Regain the Weight Easily, if You Maintain Same Eating Habit, After Zeltiq Treatment?

I don't necessarily eat bad foods, snack, etc. all the time; however, I do enjoy eating some carbs and fatty foods. Plus we do eat out. If I were to maintain my current eating habit, post Zeltiq treatment, would I regain my original weight overtime. Additionally, do you think that I will regain in the same problem area, or possibly in different areas of my body.

CoolSculpting and Weight Loss

+2

CoolSculpting is not a weight loss procedure nor a treatment for obesity. It is a treatment for moderate bulges in the abdomen, love handles and back that are resistant to diet and exercise. As long as one were to maintain their weight by maintaining a healthy diet and exercise the loss of fat in the treated areas should be permanent.

Long Island Dermatologist

Cool sculpting treatments lead to permanent fat loss but is not for weight loss!

+1
You can maintain your current diet.  The fat you gain will be distributed evenly.
Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting

+1

When you have your CoolSculpting treatment, the affected fat cells will be eliminated. As long as you maintain your weight with your normal diet and exercise, your long-term results should remain stable.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Coolsculpting and weight re-gain

+1

As long as you eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly, you can maintain your Coolsculpting results for a very long time!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Zeltiq for Weight Loss

+1

Treatment with Zeltiq does not really cause significant changes in weight. Fat actually weighs very little. Zeltiq should not be used as a means for weight reduction but as a means for body contouring.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Gaining weight after CoolSculpting

+1

Excess fat on the body, means that too many calories were consumed for the needs of the body. If the fat is not decreasing over time, despite your intentions with diet and exercise, it means that every day there are too many calories going in or not enough exercise spending those calories.  If one's weight is stable over years but there is a little bulge of excess fat in a locallzed area, then that fat may not require many calories each day to maintain its mass. The removal of the fat, whether with liposuction or CoolSculpting, would not do anything to change the calorie balance of energy going in vs. energy spent (exercise and basal metabolic rate for normal bodily functions such as breathing, heart pumping,etc.). Therefore there may be enough of an energy imbalance to continue to feed the body with more fat and over time there can be fat redeposited in both the areas treated with CoolSculpting as well as other areas on the body that did not undergo the treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting and Maintaining the results

+1

CoolSculpting is used for fat reduction of the areas treated.  This is not a weight reduction procedure.  If you have this procedure and then maintain a good diet, etc. the areas should not return.  Each patient is different with their results.

Best Wishes!

Duration of effect of Zeltiq Coolsculpting

+1

The beauty of the Zeltq procedure is that the destroyed fat cells are permanently lost.  If you maintained the same weight and eating habits, you definitely will not regain the lost fat layer.  If you gained a significant amount of weight after Zeltiq, your remaining fat cells could enlarge and you may notice some increase in the fat layer, but you would tend to gain weight in other untreated areas first, and the area treated with Zeltiq would stay relatively slimmer.  So for most purposes, the results of Coolsculpting can be considered permanent.

Narin (Dr.Joe) Apisarnthanarax, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Weight and Coolsculpting

+1
Hi, Cool sculpting is not designed for weight loss. It is FDA approved for non- invasive permanent fat reduction of areas stubborn to exercise and diet. As long as you maintain a healthy diet you should not gain weight after Coolsculpting. Best, Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Weight Gain/Maintenance after Zeltiq

+1

Zeltiq Cool-sculpting was not intended for weight loss, it really is a body contouring device...Love handles, flanks, abdomen, etc.  Once these areas are treated the fat does not return in those areas (like liposuction). That being said, if you do gain weight or fluctuate quite a bit, that weight gain must go somewhere so it may end up in places you didn't previously have issues.  Cool-sculpting is great for someone who has stubborn areas and is relatively consistent and stable in their weight.

Dr. Grant Stevens    

Grant Stevens, MD