Can I Regain my Skin Color After Accutane?

I am a 20 year old indian , I have been on accutane for 4 months ,during this period my skin drastically darkened even though I barely went in the sun and even when I did I wore sunscreen, its 6 months since the end of the treatment yet I'm still 3-4 shades darker.Is this hyperpigmentation permanent ? What can I do about it?

Skin changed color after Accutane

+1

Assuming that you had true Accutane, I have never seen anything like this. Isotretinoin absolutely causes sun sensitivity, but more in the sense that you have a higher susceptibility of burning the skin immediately, not changing skin tone overall. I would suggest you see your prescribing physician because I have prescribed this medication for tens of thousands of people, for nearly 30 years, and not once seen or heard of this.