Refund Policy For Surgeries? (Tummy Tuck)

What is the policy for deposit? Is there a standard practice? Since I am spending $12,500-$16,000 for Tummy Tuck is there an industry standard?? Or is each Doctor pretty much doing there own thing?

Surgical pricing.

+3

Each surgical office will have their own fee schedule, deposit, and refund policy. As with any major purchase, the office should review all of the financial information with you prior to scheduling surgery. That being said, $16,000 for a tummy tuck is a bit excessive.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Refund policy for surgery

+2

Thank you for your questions-- Every surgeon has a different policy with regard to 'refund' policies. In general, 'refunds' per se would be quite unusual, but a policy with regard to any required revisions would be more common. Important questions to ask your doctor:

What happens if I need to have a 'revision' or 'touch up'? What if there is a problem that requires surgery (ie, hematoma, seroma, scar revison...?)  What costs (if any) will be the patient's responsibility? What if I develop a complication such as a DVT that requires medical treatment?

Deposits are typically a small fee used to "hold' the surgery date, and are applied to the total surgical fee. Those may be lost if you cancel at the last minute, but again you should carefully ask your surgeon what their specific protocol is in that situation.

Matt Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Refunds on Surgery

+2

Dear Jada

Each plastic surgeon has his or her own policy and it is important to understand them before you schedule surgery and invest hard earned money.  Ask your doctor for the refund policy in writing.  Although I will tell you that in Boca Raton that's a very high price for just a tummy tuck, even with a pain pump and an overnight nurse.   Good luck on your surgery.

Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Refund Policy

+1

Each surgeon has their own policy in regards to refunding a patient if surgery was not performed.  There may be a time limit (to give the surgeon enough time to fill the slot with another patient).

Best thing to do is to review that information prior to scheduling so that you are not surprised later.

Good Luck.

Refund Policy For Surgeries?

+1

No standard for deposit or refunds. Most require $1,000 deposit with a refund of $500. But the fee quote you stated sounds quite excessive. 

Tummy tuck cancelation policy

+1

The refund policy for surgery depends on the surgeons practice. In my practice, we refund everything except a $500.00 deposit to save the day for surgery. Remember, if you cancel within 24hrs the surgeon will be losing a potential day that he can use for another patient.

Wilberto Cortes, MD