Refund for BAD Breat Revision?

I had a breast revision on July 2nd, they turned out AWFUL! Lumpy, uneven and just all around bad. I had my leaking saline replaced with silicone. I have consulted with 2 other certified PS's who BOTH are questioning if they really are silicone because they look and feel like saline! My PS said they look "fine" and both other surgeons say they look bad! The PS who did my surgery IS board certified and he did my surgery 6 yrs ago. It's going to cost from $7K-$12K to get them fixed. What do I do?

Breast Implant Revision Cost

+1

It is impossible to answer this question without knowing all the facts of both your surgeries.  You may be just going through a normal healing process.

Having said that, I would sit down and talk (not yell or scream) with your plastic surgeon about the results of your surgery and what can be done if another procedure is necessary.  Most plastic surgeon's would be willing to wave their fee to keep their patients happy.  You might have to pay for anesthesia or a facility fee, but that is negotiable also.  Also, be patient, it may be several months before the final results of the surgery are seen.

Good Luck

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery revision issue

+1

I am sorry that you are unhappy with your result. The best thing to do is tlak with your surgeon and express your concerns. All plastic surgeons want their patients to be happy with great results.

Breast revision

+1
It is important for us to know where is the implant located. Is it under or over the muscle. A photograph will also help to assess. There could be various reasons for lumpiness- excess skin in horizontal direction, fat necrosis, internal scarring, fibrocystic changes in breast, suture granulomas.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Breast Revision

+1

While revision breast surgeries are known to be more difficult and have a higher complication rate that initial breast surgeries, a good and reasonable result is still always the expectation by both the patient and the surgeon.  I suggest adding photos to your question so that the physicians on this site can give some objective recommendations, in addition to having a clear but calm discussion with your surgeon on your outcome and your expectations.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Refund for “Bad” Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after revision breast surgery. I would agree with Dr. Rand's suggestion that you communicate with your plastic surgeon in  a calm, non-accusatory fashion.  Hopefully you can come to some agreement that is acceptable to both of you.

Breast revision problems

+1

This is a very complicated issue.  It would be helpful to resubmit it with supporting photos so we can get an idea of the result.  Otherwise, your only recourse is to sit down with your current surgeon and discuss the issue and request a refund for whatever you paid recently. They will probably provide one along with your signing a waiver.  Good doctors want you happy.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS