What do I need to reform this excess skin in my neck? (photo)

Great Candidate for neck lift

+1
You area a very good candidate for neck and face lift, this will help to address your concern by tithening the neck muscles and removing extra skin. 

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Neck lifting

+1
You look to be an excellent candidate for lower face and neck lift, with focus on the neck.  There are numerous lifting procedures that could be very beneficial to you.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

A lower face/neck lift will give great results.

+1

Having a lower face/neck lift is easy to undergo under local anesthesia and will make a dramatic improvement for roughly $8800 on special. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Comprehensive lower face neck lift

+1

A lower face/ neck left will address all the excess skin in the neck,  jowls, loose  platysma muscle, and fatty deposits in the neck. For many examples, please see the link below for face lift photo gallery

Extra skin on neck.

+1
The problem in your neck is not realy due to excess skin, but to sagging of the anterior borders of the platysma muscle. Although the photos don't show your entire face it looks that you have some very slight joweling. You did not state your age, but your photos seem to indicate that you are between 40 and 55. You have tow options. The simplest is to have the anterior borders of the platysma mucles cut breaking up the band and then sutured together. This is performed through a small horizontal chin incision. Any fat in this are is also removed, The skin will redrape giving you a youthful chin. The second option is a facelift. It would also have the same anterior neck correction, but in addition the posrterior border of the platysma muscle would be pulled back on each side tightening the neck even more, the jowel would be corrected and excess skin removed.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

What do I need to reform this excess skin in my neck?

+1

As the majority of expert posters stated you need a "neck lifting" operation as the better option to achieve a great result.//

What to do to reform excess of skin in the neck:

+1
Patients with excess of ‘skin” on the neck with inadequate definition of the cervico-mental angle ( angle between the area underneath the chin and the neck) requires tightening of the neck muscles that subsequently will re-shape the appearance of the neck skin. This kind of patients can benefit from suture suspension platysmaplasty performed by a board certified plastic surgeon specialized in neck lifts (see web link below). This procedure can be performed under local anesthesia with minimal discomfort/pain by one of our practice surgeons. Please check the website below for more details.

John Mesa, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Necklift or submentoplasty

+1

A necklift or submentoplasty would be effective to tighten your neck and improve your neckline. Unfortunately, we do not currently have a non-surgical option to remedy that much skin laxity. Necklift is a very common procedure. The submentoplasty is more limited tightening of the area under your chin but it does create an incision beneath the chin area. Due to this, most people choose to move forward with a necklift which allows incision placement in areas where they are very hard to detect.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift

+1

I agree that surgery is your best bet for a significant improvement. This is an out patient procedure that should take 2 to 4 hours depending on what is done. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1
    A neck and lower facelift will produce a great result with a talented, experienced, and well-credentialed surgeon.   The muscles can be well suspended and tightened, whatever fat is present can be reduced, and the skin can be redraped to produce a smoother appearance and better jaw and neckline.